Tuesday, May 11, 2010

iMovie

Today was all about my movie. I have made simple, elementary movies on imovie before, but never had to put effort or learn about the in depth concepts of imovie. I spent hours today researching and figuring out how to convert clips from the web to a format that would fit in imovie, finding clips and images from the web, and learning the ins and outs of imovie. I found an interesting 1 hour video of a seminar conducted by the Syracuse Peace Council of the "Creator's game" of lacrosse. There was a lot of interesting facts and stories of the Indigenous history of lacrosse. I hope to be able to contact one of the men that was part of the talk and be able to get an interview or ask some more questions that will aid my understanding of the game. I learned there is still a large portion of the tactics and strategies used from Indigenous lacrosse in today's modern day game as well.
Tomorrow and Friday will be my last couple of days to be able to work on my movie as I intend to go to the Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum on Thursday and get in touch with the culture that began the game of lacrosse and see if there is anyone there I can speak with that may be able to aid my knowledge. Friday I will also be getting my strings and materials for my lacrosse sticks. I have also been calling companies that still make wooden lacrosse sticks to get some more perspectives and tips on prices, time management, and materials.

Here is a short clip from the "creator's game" video I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment