Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shaping the Stick

Despite feeling like death this morning and having a very hard time getting out of bed, I persevered and got up to work diligently on my stick. I started out using the hand tools to shape my stick that is more resembling a cane rather than a stick at this point. I rounded the shaft and replicated my mother's wooden stick for the head. I made it so it will be easy to scoop the ball and the side wall is somewhat curved for maximum release. After shaving the excess wood off, I sanded the whole stick to make it smooth and presentable. I will finalize the sanding and put the finish on tomorrow as I will also drill holes in it and start the weaving with George. I soaked the rawhide in warm water all day so it will be pliable for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment