Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last day...

Today was my last day on Senior Project. I went out and got the simple nylon string I needed for my wooden stick today in Concord, and then came back and set out to finishing the weaving of my stick. Again, this is much harder than it appears and sounds. I sat down and studied my mother's weaving on her stick head and for the longest time could not figure out where to begin. However, as I picked a place and started, it started to come more naturally and fluently (the first part that is...). Then, once the first string was strung, I had to figure out the next and thread the string somehow through the tight holes from the string before. As long as this took, I finally finished and the weaving looked almost the same as my mother's stick (somewhat...). My stick was finally complete, and I took it out to throw around a little at our dorm dinner. It was very difficult at first to throw and catch with the wooden stick, but I had been practicing with my mother's stick. It was bizarre, but so satisfying to be able to play with my wooden stick that I had just spent that past week and a half building from scratch. I am sad that senior project is over, but excited I was able to finish my stick and slide show. I am anxious to show my senior project and see everyone else's Thursday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment